New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD)
The NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency (NEPAD Agency) was established in 2010 as an outcome of the integration of NEPAD into AU structures and processes. The NEPAD Agency is the implementing agency of the African Union that advocates for NEPAD, facilitates and coordinates the development of NEPAD continent-wide programmes and projects, mobilises resources and engages the global community, regional economic communities and member states in the implementation of these programmes and projects. The NEPAD Agency replaced the NEPAD Secretariat which had coordinated the implementation of NEPAD programmes and projects since 2001.
The NEPAD Agency's mandate is to:
- Facilitate and coordinate the implementation of continental and regional priority programmes and projects
- Mobilise resources and partners in support of the implementation of Africa's priority programmes and projects
- Conduct and coordinate research and knowledge management
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of programmes
- Advocate on the AU and NEPAD vision, mission and core principle/ values